Supporting the expansion of reMYND’s animal work, entailing the following tasks:
- Observing and treating mice under study
- Performing behavioral studies, such as Morris Water Maze, Open field, Rotarod,… as well as histological or biochemical analyses, such as qPCR, ELISA, Western Analysis, ...
- Analyzing data and documenting findings
- Suggesting improvements in the methods and analyses
- Working in a team of equal minded colleagues under the supervision of a study-director
- Planning your own activities on a weekly basis in order to deliver the results
- Working occasionally a few hours over the weekends in a rotating scheme with other colleagues
Your background, skills and attitude:
- Holder of a Bachelor in biomedical laboratory technology, bio(-medical) sciences, biotechnology or equivalent o Felasa B certificate is mandatory!
- Prior hands-on experience with in-vivo techniques, either in an academic or professional setting, and an understanding of the requirements of behavioral, histological and biochemical analyses
- Able to perform studies on mice under supervision, by accurately following standard study protocols
- An entrepreneurial, results oriented, outgoing attitude with a high level of energy; able to work closely in a team; eager to learn
- Familiar with MS Word and Excel
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “research associate”